In partnership with CBSSports.com
Online Now 287
On this Board 244Record: 1943 (5/25/2013)
Online now 447Record: 4815 (3/13/2012)
You have no favorite boards.
Twitter: @mikejschaefer Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Nebraska Old Gold Knights
Goal in life is to make the Huskers Illustrated Hall Of Fame
"In the deed, the glory"
1. Ohio State (Best QB in the conference and the team that will improve the most as the season progresses)
2. Nebraska (A lot of upside for this team as the defense will continue to improve. Arguably the most dynamic set of playmakers on offense in the league.)
3. Michigan State (Arguably the best D in the league, but serious question at QB and we saw how shaky that team is when playing a D with a pulse this week. Keep Bell in check, and this team is very beatable. Grinding out wins week after week may eventually wear on this team.)
4. Michigan (It is the DRob show, and it is difficult seeing him making it through this season unscathed. Huge questions on the OL and DL.)
5. Purdue (Team to beat in the Leaders division after 3 weeks. Serious contender to win a weak Big 10. Defense is good enough to keep them in every game from here on out and they have about 12 guys who can play QB.)
6 Northwestern (They can beat anybody in the conference. 3 games and 3 wins over AQ conference opponents. While that schedule doesn't look daunting (Syracuse, Vanderbilt, and Boston College) it is tougher than most will give it credit.)
7. Illinois (All depends on whether Scheelhaase is healthy. If not, they drop a couple of spots. Good defense that will keep them in a lot of games.)
8. Wisconsin (Serious problems in Camp Randall. This might be too high a rating. They can't run the football, have recently fired their new OL coach and their 2 wins were squeakers over an FBS team and a MWC bottom-feeder.)
9. Minnesota (As weak as is the top, the bottom is even scarier as I have the Gophers ahead of 3 other teams.)
10. Iowa (No offense. Unathletic defense. Hawkeyes will be fighting to become bowl eligible. Are we actually starting to hearing some peeps out of Iowa City about getting rid of Ferentz?)
11. Penn State (Their goal right now is to notch 4 wins this season. I wouldn't take the overs. Scoring 20 points in any conference game will be a challenge.)
12. Indiana (They were bad with Tre Roberson. Now he is out for the season and Indiana is easily in the conversation for worst AQ team along with Colorado (looks like the Buffs may have this one locked up). May not win another game this year. Still befuddled as to why Wilson took this near impossible rebuilding task.)
This post was edited by Skerz on 9/17/2012 at 9:19 AM
Add me if you like football and corny jokes. And because I'm vain.
Go Blue and Go Titans!
247Sports In partnership with CBS Sports