In partnership with CBSSports.com
Online Now 79
Online now 320 Record: 4815 (3/13/2012)
You have no favorite boards.
The most viewed topics.
The most replied to topics.
The most up-voted topics.
The most down-voted topics.
The most up-voted posters.
The most down-voted posters.
The most followed posters.
Alabama(-9.5) vs Notre Dame in Sun Life Stadium, Miami, FL
We've had more than a month to analyize this game. Lets work to prevent redundant threads and keep our board tidy. Its always better when everyone is in on the same thread.
Here we go!
1. Which team are you cheering for and why?
2. ND wins if...
3. Bama wins if...
4. Who ya got?
5. Partying? Details?
This post was edited by beardown2489 15 months ago
Teein' Off on Links
If anyone is wondering, my new years resolution was to sleep less this year. Inspired by a Seinfeld episode.
1. I will be angry at the conclusion of this game, regardless of the outcome. I'm just hoping for overtime. Maybe i'll find myself rooting one way or the other but as of now, i'd rather the game get called off and no one be declared champion
2. ND wins if they can hold Bama under 4.0ypc. Notre Dame needs to stack the line and stop the run. If ND allows Bama to get into their playaction repertoire it could end up being a long night for domer nation
3. Bama wins if they can immobilize the mobile quarterback. Saban has trouble against the dual threat. Keep Gholston from being the star of the night and Alabama's chances of winning seem pretty high.
4. I've got ND. I think Gholston is going to be very frustrating for the Alabama defense. We've seen it before against Alabama with Jefferson, McCoy, and Johnny Football. I also think the spread on this game will have effect on the energy levels on both sides. The underdog card is a strong play on national tv. We have heard Bama captains felt the need to call a players only meeting just a few days after arriving in Miami. The fact that the energy levels need to be tinkered with is a bad sign for Bama. I've got ND(+260), 20 - 17. And no, i don't have money on the game
5. Monday usually means night means half price Double Jack IPA at Arrowhead Golf Course for this guy. I'll be bombed by kickoff. Chicago is going be crawling with so called ND fans. I expect i'll need to get the the course by 5 to get a seat for the game. Maybe i'll cheer for Bama just to be a jack**s
Roll Tide-Kelly is a Murderer
Alabama stays home
They show up
Twitter: @mikejschaefer Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Hate both but if I were picking I would pick.
Wait wait wait for it.
If you cant say something nice, shut your damn mouth!! GBR
1. Neither. 1960's Sunday tv, in Omaha, had ND football replays when I wanted Rocky and Bullwinkle. ND was always ahead of the Huskers and it was darn hard to break the Luck of the Irish. Alabama, after we destroyed them in 1973 Bowl, I don't care, but protecting Husker NC legacy is the only thing at stake here.
2. No way do they lose with "nuns working the beads". History has proven this to me, this Irish Luck started early in the season and I'm hoping it ends this year buts its a concern for me. So maybe if Alabama counters with LSU's vodoo lady.
3. The "Hawaiian Punch" goes down.
4. (God help me) ND
5. Drinking coffee, having a smoke, enjoying the weather, on the lanaii.
(i can't believe i picked ND)
If any of you do this, I'll laugh, high five you, then probably mock you.
for the second year in a row I may not watch the championship game... despise both teams.
This is exactly how I see it going as we'll. I think I want ND to win simply for selfish reasons. It will let the country know that there are other teams outside of the SEC, even if their coach is a murderer.
Edit: this was supposed to quote beardown
This post was edited by domichae 15 months ago
1. Notre Dame. I have SEC exhaustion. The only cure is for the SEC to not win the Natty.
2. If they can actually move the football with some consistency, win the turnover battle, and win in the kicking game while holding Bama to under 150 yards rushing.
3. If their OL can dominate like they have all year and McCarron keeps from making bad decisions.
4. I actually believe Notre Dame is going to win. This is a vulnerable Bama team that if you can stuff their run game they are more than beatable. Defensively, they aren't nearly as good as they were last year, yet they still have a damn good defense.
5. At home. That damn work thing again tomorrow.
TV, i.e., Disney/ABC/ESPN has screwed up the whole bowl schedule. I haven't watched the last 2, having had other things I needed to do on a Monday night. All bowl games should be finished on January 1st, I really lose interest after that. I never watch NBA anymore, let alone that it is a fixed game, I have no interest watching basketball in June, or baseball close to Halloween. There is a natural cycle to life and sports, regardless of what greed-ball TV executives think.
...It ain't what they call you, it's what you answer to.
W. C. Fields
In the words of Marge Simpson while waiting to place a bet at a horse track: "Can't we just bet they'll all have a really good time?"
This is like Yankees/Red Sox to me. Don't really care who wins.
Feed me to the wolves, and I will return leader of the pack. #FreeDA
247Sports In partnership with CBS Sports