In partnership with CBSSports.com
Online Now 817
On this Board 600Record: 1943 (5/25/2013)
Online now 937Record: 4815 (3/13/2012)
You have no favorite boards.
For those who like to stay updated about coaches and players with university connections.....
Carl Pelini, Florida Atlantic
- Florida Atlantic looked primed to their 4th win of the year v. FIU last week(a rival they have dominated), but instead lost 34-24. FAU has been atrocious on both sides of the ball, but have had a fairly difficult schedule. They will be underdogs in their final game of the year v. LA-Lafayette(6-4). Nevertheless, the team is coming off a 1 win year, so you can count this as a move in the right direction for Pelini and the Owls.
Turner Gill, Liberty
- After starting off the year 0-4, Gill managed to lead Liberty to three consecutive wins. It appeared the team would have its first losing season since 2005 until a great upset victory over Stony Brook(9-2) last week. The team defeated VMI in their regular season finale to ensure a winning season(6-5.) I can not totally confirm this, but I would bet my life Liberty is not eligible for the playoffs. Bracket will be announced later today.
Joe Moglia, Coastal Carolina
- After starting the year out 2-0, the Chanticleers dropped 4 games in a row(2 v. FBS opponents.) They have gone on to rally, winning their final 5 games and finishing 2nd in their division. They've put up a lot of points on the year. They probably will not be playoff eligible, but I can not confirm that. Nevertheless, 7-4 is a solid season for Moglia.
Shawn Watson, Louisville
- The Cardinals started out 9-0 before a shocking loss to Syracuse last week. The offense ranks 40th in the nation and 28th in passing. Sophomore quarterback Teddy Bridgewater has made huge strides under Wats, passing for 2858 yards(70.9 completion %), 21 scores, and 5 picks.
Cody Green, Tulsa
- Tulsa is having a very good, yet quiet, season with a record of 9-2. However, Green has really played a minimal part in this run first offense, acting mostly as a steady hand. Until last week, he had only thrown for 1,681 yards(53.5% completion rate) with 10 scores to 7 picks. He has rushed for 123 yards and 3 scores on the season. However, he did have his best game of the year as Tulsa pulled off an impressive 23-21 W over Central Florida(8-3) yesterday. Green passed for 252 yards and 3 scores to only 1 interception. The team has already clinched a spot in the C-USA title game, where they will likely have a rematch with UCF. Green's numbers have improved to 1,933 yards(54.4%), 6.3 YPA, 13 TDs to 8 picks. On the ground he has ran for 138 yards(2.6) and 3 scores. The craziest stat: he's only been sacked 6 times. Tulsa is a pretty solid team.
This post has been edited 2 times, most recently by CleetusVanDamme on 11/18/2012 at 11:42 AM
Possessing the most original and insightful retweets on Twitter.
Nice update, Danger. I really appreciate it.
Correction: Coastal Carolina will play Bethune Cookman in the first round if the FCS playoffs on Saturday. Winner faces Old Dominion to advance to the semi finals.
Thanks for the update.
Goal in life is to make the Huskers Illustrated Hall Of Fame
247Sports In partnership with CBS Sports